Need a boost….why not give yourself a double boost with our rich in protein recipe
Serves 4: | Prep: 45 mins | Cook: 35-40 mins
Per serving: 450 kcals | 20.8g fat | 35g carbs | 13g sugar | 8.1g fibre | 30.6g protein | 0.4g salt
400g / 14oz canned chickpeas, drained
400g / 14oz butternut squash, peeled deseeded and chopped into bite-sized pieces
2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
1 red onion, roughly chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp cumin seeds
2 large chicken breasts
½ tsp of groundnut oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp chilli flakes
½ tbsp soft light brown sugar
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter (we use whole earth)
300ml / 10 fl oz coconut milk
50g / 1 ¾ oz watercress, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6
- Place the chickpeas, squash, red peppers and onions in two roasting tins, add I tablespoon of the olive oil to each tin and toss to coat the vegetables. Roast in the preheated oven for 35 – 40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and charred at the edges.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining olive oil with the paprika and cumin seeds.
- Place the chicken between two sheets of greaseproof paper and flatten slightly with a rolling pin or mallet (this helps them to cook more evenly).
- Rub the chicken with the spiced oil. Preheat a griddle pan to hot.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes each side, until cooked through. Leave to rest for 1-2 minutes, then cut into strips.
- Meanwhile, heat the groundnut oil in a saucepan, add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 30 seconds, then add the sugar and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the soy sauce and peanut butter, then add the coconut milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly, until the sauce has the consistency you want.
- Serve the roasted vegetables and chickpeas on a bed a watercress in four bowls, topped with strips of chicken and the sauce.