A high protein, quick, easy and healthy meal. Great for a post workout snack.
Serves: 4 | Prep: 8 mins | Cooks: 8-12 mins
Per serving: 321 kcals | 16.9g fat | 5.6g sat fat | 14.7g carbs | 6.4g sugar | 4.2g fibre | 29.3g protein | 1.3g salt
(Add a little liquid and cover the wok or frying pan for a few minutes to ‘steam fry’ which is a better way than cooking at high temperatures which tend to reduce nutrients)
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 250g / 9oz purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed (use green broccoli as an alternative)
- 200g / 7oz cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 5cm / 2inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and shredded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced
- 400g / 14oz sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 55g / 2oz mangetout, shredded
- 2tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Mix the orange zest and juice, soy sauce and sesame oil together in a bowl.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the broccoli and cauliflower and blanch for two minutes, then drain.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the ginger, garlic, chilli and steak and stir-fry until the steak is brown all over. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the red pepper, mangetout, broccoli and cauliflower, pour in the orange juice mixture, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Return the steak to the wok, stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then serve in warmed bowls, sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.